As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, Michelle Anderson MA, LMHC, PMH- C, blends her training in Perinatal Mental Health, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Lifespan Integration with her training as a certified yoga instructor forming Mobile Mama Therapy, psychotherapy designed specifically for new and expecting moms.
Realizing that sometimes, around the birth of the baby, moms need extra support and access to counseling, Michelle conducts both home, office visits and now exclusively Telehealth visits. The therapy focuses on issues related to the transition to motherhood, attachment, Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMADs), grief and loss, traumatic birth and parenting and adjustment.
Some of Michelle’s training and experience include:
- Perinatal Mental Health – Certification From Postpartum International
- Co-founded the Perinatal Mental Health Task Force of Whatcom County
- Consultant with the Nurse Family Partnership of Skagit County
- Consultant with the Nurse Family Partnership of Whatcom County
- Trainer and consultant for Perinatal Support Washington on issues related to maternal mental health throughout the Pacific Northwest
- Certified Supervisor to Licensed Mental Health Counselors focused on maternal mental health
- Lifespan Integration trained – Level Three
- Speaker and educator on the integration of mindfulness and maternal mental health in therapy
- Writer – the Mobile Mama Therapy Workbook due out 2021
- Professional Affiliations: Postpartum Support International; Perinatal Support Washington
Michelle is currently training and supervising practitioners and birth providers in learning the Mobile Mama Method of therapy, expanding the support for women in the Pacific Northwest.
Additionally, in partnership with Perinatal Support Washington, Michelle is running her third cohort for a ten-month long, 20 CE, professional consultation group for therapist focusing on Perinatal Mental Health.
Michelle understands the necessity for compassionate, well trained and accessible mental health care for mothers before and after baby is born, and is committed to provide this to each of her clients as well as expand the capacity of trained professionals in the Pacific Northwest and around the world.
When not working on Mobile Mama Therapy, Michelle can be found hiking, gardening and spending time with her husband, three bright children and sweet Lab/Husky named Sparks.